However, yoga is one weight loss tool which is not only effective but light on the pocket as well. What makes yoga super effective is its influence on two dimensions of our existence: body and mind. Yes, yoga’s effect on the mind also contributes in losing weight! Let us see how:
The mind is the key
One of the obstructions to a weight loss program is the mind. Once the weight loss program is over or even at times during its duration, the mind does not let one follow the suitable diet for weight loss or carry out the required amount of exercising. If the mind could become more disciplined, weight loss won’t be as much as a challenge as it is now for most people!
Yoga has a powerful effect in making the mind more disciplined. It makes one naturally inclined to good habits and abandon bad ones. This phenomenon happens because yoga tunes the mind and body with each other. So, when the stomach says it is full, the mind actually listens and obeys! Similarly, when you decide to hit the gym or do yoga, the mind instead of resisting will listen to you!
Yoga burns calories
Not only does yoga make your mind more obedient, it helps in burning those unwanted calories. While yoga offers numerous postures which can help you burn fat, you can start with a selected few. Here are some of the most effective fat burning yoga postures and the body parts on which they have an impact:
1. Surya Namaskar: A sequence of twelve postures, surya namaskar exercises all body parts. So in whichever body part your fat is accumulated, it will be worked upon with this posture.
2. Boat pose: This is the best yoga posture for burning your belly fat.
3. Warrior pose: This posture is good for diluting fat around your arms, legs, thighs and back.
4. Triangular pose: This is an excellent posture for burning the fat around your body’s sides, arms and thighs.
5.Upward plank: It affects the hips, legs and inner thigh muscles. It also enhances the body’s core strength.
6. Bridge pose: This posture works on your thighs, stomach, hips and back.
While yoga is a great tool for weight loss, attending to a few tips in addition to practicing yoga can make all the difference to your weight loss goals.
Here are a few tips:
• Do not eat processed food and high fat and high sugar food items.
• Non-vegetarian food puts on weight. So, eat a plant-based diet.
• Have natural fat burners like soluble fibre and protein powder
• Add outdoor activities like cycling and hiking to your routine.