a. Instructions for Yoga Boat Pose for Rock Solid Abs:
- Lie flat on your back.
- Have your arms straight out to the sides with your palms facing in. Keep your legs together and straight out as well with your toes pointing forward.
- Now bring your legs and torso up such that you are balancing on your sacrum. Keep your eyes focused on your toes, this will help you keep your balance. You are forming a V shape, with your legs and torso.
- Begin the Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise and continue on for as long as you can.
c. Benefits of Yoga Boat Pose:
- Builds your Navel Center and firms and tones your abdominal muscles.
- Activates and balances the Manipura Chakra.
- Builds willpower and strength of character.
- Awakens all the systems in the body and makes the body strong (digestive, nervous, endocrine, circulatory, etc.).
- Develops core energy and vitality.
- Develops focus and balance.
- To modify the exercise hold on to your knees or thighs. This is a good way for beginners to start.
- Keeping a steady gaze upon your toes will go a long way in helping you keep your balance.
- If you need to, you can take a break and then come into the pose again once you are ready. Generally I will do this exercise 3 times, with breaks in between.